The success of the PS 90 Task Force will rely on the involvement of the larger Flatbush community to support the shaping of the final recommendations. Opportunities will include:
- Viewing livestreamed task force meetings - To ensure an open and transparent process, all task force meetings will be livestreamed on this site, with meeting minutes and project documents being shared here as well. This page will be updated as recordings and documents become available.
- Completing a project questionnaire - To maximize input, this spring, an online questionnaire will be shared across the community to solicit feedback on the future of the project.
- Attending workshops - Two virtual public workshops will take place this spring to gather input on how best to honor the past and identify opportunities for the new development to support the community.
Historical Perspectives, Inc. (HPI) is seeking public insight to help uncover more of the PS 90 site’s history and more fully document the enslaved population of Flatbush. If you have information to share, please fill out this form to support this ongoing research effort.
What’s Coming Up
Dates will be added regularly as Task Force meetings are scheduled.
- February 24, 2021: Task Force meeting #3 (5:30-8 pm)
- March 2021: Task Force meeting #4
- April 2021: Task Force meeting #5
- Early spring 2021: Community questionnaire
- Mid-spring 2021: Public workshops
- June 2021: Task Force meeting #6
- TBD: Task Force meeting #7
Task Force Livestreams
Watch livestreamed PS 90 Task Force meetings below:
February 24, 2021 - Focus: Memorialization, RFP development, and co-design of the project's public engagement approach.
Task Force Meeting Records
To make the Task Force’s process as accessible as possible, records of the Task Force meetings can be found below. Documents will be updated after each meeting.
Task Force Meeting #1 - December 9, 2020
Focus: Project kickoff, intention-setting, and introduction to the site’s history
Task Force Meeting #2 - February 3, 2021
Focus: The historical importance of the site, the archeological findings, and the respectful treatment of human remains.
Task Force Meeting #3 - February 24, 2021
Focus: Memorialization, RFP development, and co-design of the project's public engagement approach.
Meeting materials to come after 2/24.